2021 Regional Crop Update & Pesticide Education Meetings
Farmers in the Triangle North region will have two convenient options for attending the 2021 crop update and pesticide education meetings;
- Online using the Zoom video conferencing software on your computer, tablet or smart phone, or;
- In-person in your respective County
In both cases, advance registration is REQUIRED. For on-line attendees, please register using the corresponding Eventbrite form (links below). For in-person attendance, contact the Cooperative Extension office in your County (phone numbers below).
For in-person attendance, protective measures including masks, social distancing, and capacity limits will be in place. Early registration is strongly recommended.
CROP PRODUCTION UPDATE MEETINGS
- Tobacco Production Update* – January 14, 9–11 a.m. – (Register online)
- Industrial Hemp Informational Meeting – January 25, 8 a.m.–noon (Register online)
- Grain Production Update* – February 11, 4–7 p.m. – (Register online)
PESTICIDE EDUCATION MEETINGS
- Private Applicator Update (Category V credits) – Choose a date:
- Auxin Herbicide Training* – February 24, 10 a.m. (Register online)
- Fumigant Applicator Training* – February 24, 11:30 a.m. (Register online)
Register by phone at one of the following numbers:
- Franklin – 919-496-3344
- Granville – 919-603-1350
- Person – 336-599-1195
- Vance – 252-438-8188
- Warren – 252-257-3640
*Pesticide credit(s) available at these meetings, pending approval, details coming. Online participants seeking pesticide applicator credits are required to use a webcam (so that attendance can be verified).
If you’ve never used the Zoom video conference platform, you may want to check out the following resources: