Join an Online Garden Chat: Gardening in Harmony With Nature
The Master Gardener℠ volunteers of Vance and Warren Counties are hosting a series of six FREE online learning opportunities for the gardening public. See below for the schedule, registration link, and a list of resources related to each presentation.
The sessions began on February 11, 2021 and meet on alternate Thursdays, 1 to 2 p.m., using the Zoom video conferencing platform (a free tool available for computers, tablets, and smartphones). The schedule is:
- February 11 – Diversity in the Landscape – Sam Marshall, Horticulture Extension Agent
- February 25 – Saving Seed – Heather Summer, NC Botanical Garden
- March 11 – Birds in the Landscape – Christina Harvey, NC Audubon
- March 25 – Gardening Resources from N.C. Cooperative Extension
- April 8 – Rain Gardens – Dr. Helen Kraus, NC State University Horticulture Department
- April 22 – Resource-Friendly Gardening – Paul McKenzie, Horticulture Extension Agent
BONUS EVENT: To cap off the series, a final session will be held on Saturday, May 1 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. There is a $10 registration fee for this final session, which will feature three special presenters, including:
- Dr. Elsa Youngsteadt from NC State on Protecting Pollinators
- Anabel Renwick from Sarah P. Duke Gardens on Native Landscape Plants
- Dr. Walt Robinson from NC State on Climate Change Impacts on our Gardens
Please register for these events using the links below:
- Register for the FREE Thursday afternoon seminars at this Eventbrite page.
- Register for the May 1 capstone event at this link (coming soon!)
Download a flyer with all the details.
PARTICIPANT RESOURCES (check back, more will be added as series progresses):
- North Carolina Botanical Garden – Be sure to check out their Wildflower of the Year and their native seed distribution efforts.
- Native plants for your garden, including plant lists and other resources.
- Rare plant list from the NC Natural Heritage Program.
- Native plant resources compile by NC State Extension.