Whip It Up Wednesday…
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN
No greasy mess to clean up with this chicken!
Yes! Chicken provides under-consumed vitamins and minerals and can be the center of the plate for a heart-healthy, low-fat, low-cholesterol diet.
Keep the flavor but cut down on the fat and sodium with this oven-fried chicken recipe. A welcome addition to your next family meal or potluck.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning to milk.
- Combine all other spices with cornflake crumbs and place them in a plastic bag.
- Dip chicken into milk, shake to remove excess, then quickly shake in bag with seasoning and crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle lightly with paprika for color.
- Evenly space chicken on a greased baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat can be easily pulled away from the bone with a fork. The drumsticks may require less baking time than the breasts. Crumbs will form a crispy “skin.” (Do not turn chicken during baking.)
For further questions, and for all your Food and Nutrition, Health, and Wellness resources available in your area, contact Nitasha Kearney, EFNEP Educator at email@example.com!